Monday, December 15, 2008

Week 9

Day 57 - November 9th - Sunday No Regrets
This image was the most time consuming shot of the whole project. All of the words you see were part of a stencil I cut to completely cover the tv screen. I used the stencil as a mask, started the exposure, covered the camera, took down the stencil, exposed the whole scene for a second, covered the camera again, turned the tv off, uncovered the camera and painted the edge of the TV frame with a flashlight, and after all that you get the above shot.
Day 58 - November 10th - Monday Digital Graffiti
I will say it is very very hard to find good graffiti in Portland thanks to their laws making businesses paint over it within 48 hours. I drove for at least 45 minutes before I found this in a Auto Parts Store Parking lot. I used two different Bike LED lights aimed back at the camera to trace the graffiti. It definitely felt strange tracing somebody else's work, almost like I was forging a signature.
Day 59 - November 11th - Tuesday Breaking and Entering
My buddy Tekoah helped with this shot which we took underneath the freeway in the SE Industrial Area. About 20 minutes into shooting we had the cops roll up on us. The officer laughed because he had gotten a call from the building next door saying we were trying to break in. We'd be the worst burglars ever if it had been true. I used a flashlight with paper cone on the end to paint the scene.
Day 60 - November 12th - Wednesday Peeing on Sellwood
Ian Johnson was nice enough to help out for a quick shot this night. It was pouring rain, so we went and ordered a pizza and while we waited we went over to Sellwood Park. I used a strobe bike light and a handheld camera flash in this shot. That's Oaks Park in the background.
Day 61 - November 13th - Thursday Split Body I used a hand-held camera flash on this shot, and got some funny looks by people passing by in the park. Day 62 - November 14th - Friday Made in Oregon Sign
I shot this from down on Naito in the median.
Day 63 - November 15th - Saturday The Final Shot

No comments: