Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Week 3

Day 15 - September 28th - Sunday Phone Booth
A Phone Booth? Really? I thought nobody used these anymore. This was just down the street from my apartment so I thought I'd use the natural lighting of the booth.
Day 16 - September 29 - Monday Heart PDX
Who doesn't love Portland? One of the best places to live and I thought I'd be cheesy and show it. I used a glowstick and set up on the Eastside Esplanade. If you look closely you can kind of see part of my body showing up.
Day 17 - September 30th - Tuesday Legs and Feet
Ian came over this night before we went to see a concert at Lola's room. Check out these bands if you have a minute, Johnny Flynn, Laura Marling, and Mumford & Sons (All three bands played this night). This idea came to me once we were standing around having a drink. Basically my feet are in the air and I'm doing a handstand. We took turns lighting each other up from out of frame with a flashlight.
Day 18 - October 1st - Wednesday VW Lines
This was one of the longest exposures of the project at close to 3 minutes while I ran around outlining my car with a glowstick. It looks like daytime at first glance but you'll notice some weird shadows on the building from the building across the street that had recently burned down in a warehouse fire.
Day 19 - October 2nd - Thursday Streetcar to South Waterfront
I wanted to capture the motion of a bus or streetcar. I had to cover the lense for a few seconds while the streetcar was stopped so as not to blow out the frame with too much light.
Day 20 - October 3rd - Friday
Ghost Mitchell
I used the overhead room light as the flash in this scene and had Casey hold completely still while I flashed it once while David was sitting and once while he had moved out of frame. This was in a cheesy motel 6 on the way to a weekend of skating Maryhill.
Day 21 - October 4th - Saturday Ollie the Fire Pit
Casey is a really solid skater and was good or dumb enough to ollie the fire pit at our campsite again and again until I got the shot I wanted. Thanks Casey! I used a handheld flash to the right of the firepit for this.

No comments: