Monday, December 15, 2008

Week 8

Day 50 - November 2nd - Sunday Old Room Rocked Out
This shot is of my dad who was so nice to play for me while I set up my gear in what was my room growing up. Now it's a computer and guitar room with quite the set of speakers and collection of guitars. In this shot I had the camera well over my head on a tripod because of the size of the room and I used blue Mylar over a handheld flash to create the coloring.
Day 51 - November 3rd - Monday The Splash
This was the shot where I showed the most dedication to the project and well it was pretty damn fun because I got the opportunity to act like I was 5 years old again. I used a handheld flash with a long exposure and captured the water just as I jumped in. It took me about 7 or 8 good stomps to get the timing and placement right. What I just realized to be ironic is that I was holding an umbrella to stay dry?
Day 52 - November 4th - Tuesday Election Night
I was out skateboarding this night in parking garages and I have never heard so many people so excited about an election. I came home after and put this together. It's a combination of two pictures on my computer monitor, a paper mask (Masking Obama), and the zoom. I can't exactly remember what order everything happened in, just that it worked.
Day 53 - November 5th - Wednesday River City
This shot only worked this particular night because the River (Willamette) was so unusually calm. It was raining fairly hard this night and what you are looking at is the reflection of the downtown skyline and Hawthorne Bridge in the River and the rocky bank across from it on the Eastside where I'm shooting from.
Day 54 - November 6th - Thursday A Late Night
I had some pretty interesting results this night after my first elaborate idea didn't work out. For this shot I used a LED bike light with a cone of paper attached to the end reducing the light to a point only about a .25" wide. I ran this beam of light directly over my face in a completely dark room.
Day 55 - November 7th - Friday Tach
This is a shot of my tachometer as I zoomed in on it in increments.
Day 56 - November 8th - Saturday Interaction
In this shot I used my camera flash in hand. Flashing against the wall creates a transparent silhouette effect.

No comments: