Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Week 2

Day 8 - September 21st - Sunday ZOOBOMB!
It's Sunday night what else would I shoot? Zoobomb! Basically a bunch of adults get on kid bikes and ride the max train to the top of a huge hill and ride down, and drink beer and repeat. You can find out more about it here. I only got one chance at this shot and somehow I didn't screw it up. This is a long exposure and I stood about 15 feet from my camera and used my handheld camera flash with green mylar covering it 3 times.
Day 9 - September 22nd - Monday Above PDX
This night I headed up Vista and wanted to get a skyline shot that was different than normal. I wanted only a little bit of city and a lot of sky, and luckily the clouds cooperated with me.
Day 10 - Sept 23rd - Tuesday Doug Fir Boots
This night I went to see a concert, Dr. Dog playing at the Doug Fir. The concert was awesome and this is the floor by the bar at the Doug Fir. This was my first experience shooting with a really high film speed.
Day 11 - September 24th - Wednesday Liam Finn
My first concert I've been to solo was this night when I went back to the Doug Fir Lounge again to see Liam Finn. This shot was Liam rocking out on the Theremin.
Day 12 - September 25th - Thursday 4 Screens 1 Shot
This was the first time I used my TV as the light source. I paused on 4 different frames of a surf DVD I had lying around and covered and moved the camera each time. This was before I had bought a shutter release chord so I only had a max of 30 seconds for the whole process. I used a hand towel to cover the camera while I moved it and had to guess where the camera was aimed.
Day 13 - September 26th - Friday
Driving NW
I had seen other people do this shot and I couldn't resist. I set up my tripod in the backseat of my car and used the 10 second timer delay.
Day 14 - September 27th - Saturday Ghost Fix
I got some funny looks while taking this picture. I set up in the SE Industrial area of Portland and I used a glowstick to draw the character. It took a while to get used to drawing that way, but you can imagine driving by and seeing some kid waving a glow stick around a bike might look strange.

No comments: