Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Week 4

Day 22 - October 5th - Sunday
Split Features

I wanted to do a side comparison of two faces for this shot. I used 2 separate full pictures on my computer screen. I exposed the picture of Natalie first covering it halfway with a notebook in between the camera and screen. Then I used a towel to cover the camera while I changed the picture and covered the other side.


Day 23 - October 6th - Monday
Ian Poppins

Ian came out for another shoot, this one in a park close to his house in Sellwood. We got this Mary Poppins effect by having him jump off of a jungle gym and in midair I flashed him with my handheld camera flash.


Day 24 - Oct. 7th - Tuesday
Open or Closed

This shot was done with one small candle as the source of light to the left of my face. I held my eyes open for about 6 seconds and then closed them for the same amount of time.


Day 25 - October 8th - Wednesday
Industrial River

A more traditional bulb shot down in the NE Area of Portland by University of Portland with the West Hills in the distance.


Day 26 - October 9th - Thursday
View from a Park

I still had umbrellas on the mind I guess and wanted to see what else I could do. In the distance is the Montgomery Park sign.


Day 27 - October 10th - Friday
Leaving the Garage

I set out to take a picture of traffic moving down at street level from the top corner of a parking garage downtown this night but instead ended up with a more interesting shot of the spiral exit ramp in the middle.

Day 28 - October 11th - Saturday
Spiraling

This was taken down in the NW Industrial Area where I had experimented with photography in the past. For this concept I built a hoop which I attached 5 glowsticks to. As I walked down the tracks away from the camera I rotated the hoop giving it the spiral effect.

No comments: