Tuesday, December 16, 2008

About the Experiments and Project

This blog was created to document a photography project I took on starting September 15th 2008 and ending November 16th 2008. The idea of the project was to take a picture every night for 9 weeks straight, no matter what. The main focus was to experiment with light, natural and unnatural as long as it wasn't traditional daytime photography and to also force myself to think in a square format. I wanted to see how far I could push myself in this form of photography which has interested me for some time. NOTHING HAS BEEN PHOTOSHOPPED in this project. These were all taken on my Canon Digital SLR Rebel XT and the only thing Photoshop was used for was to process the RAW images and to resize and crop since my camera doesn't take square pictures. I also want to note these are SINGLE FRAME EXPOSURES. What was most interesting to me is that when I got down to the last week of shooting I realized my fear of running out of ideas was just the opposite, I had more left than I had days.

No comments: